Two of my friends and I decided to drive from Chicago and do a Niagara Falls and Toronto road trip! We only had 4 days total to make the trip including 10 hours of driving time each way! We still managed to get so much done and have a great time!
Need a place to stay? Airbnb is my favorite way to stay with locals and still feel at home in a big city!
Here is our itinerary and some places that I would recommend checking out!
- Niagara Falls Boat Tour- They have a boat tour on both the American and Canadian side. It was about $20 and included a poncho because you get pretty soaked on the boat when you get close to the falls! It was a fun boat ride!* If you’re visiting in fall or winter like we did, make sure to pack an umbrella because it rains a lot! Ponchos and umbrellas were our lifesavers! I like to order a lot of my travel supplies and my umbrella from Bagail.com. It is cheap and good quality! Their umbrellas are compact, extra wind/waterproof, and block UV rays!
- Niagara Falls at Night- Make sure to get a view of the falls during the day and night! Once in gets dark, they light up the falls in different colors. It was gorgeous!
- Clifton Street- All I could think about while walking around was how fun of a place it would be to take my kids! They have so many family friendly activities like arcades and fun houses. There are also great Niagara Falls hotels here! There is so much to do on Clifton Street and it was definitely fun for the kid in us adults!!
- Tew’s Falls & Dundas Peak- This is a great short hike to stop at on the way from Niagara Falls to Toronto. It was absolutely stunning during Fall.
- Graffiti Alley- A fun alley with great Insta opportunities!
- Smoke’s Poutinerie- I was recommended this place for poutine, but never had the chance to try it!
- Moo Fries- Where we did try poutine and it was amazing! It is located in Kensington Market.
- Simcoe Wave Deck- Another fun place for a good picture!
- Kensington Market- A little street with cool shops to explore and places to eat.
- The Lockhart- I looooved this bar. It’s all Harry Potter themed!! The butter beer was amazing.
- Saving Grace- I love finding cute brunch places. After doing my research, this place was the winner and it did not disappoint!
- Beaver Tails- I wanted to try this but we didn’t make it. They serve dough covered in toppings of your choice. Sounds like a dessert pizza… which is like my two favorite things combined!
- Toronto Island- I would have loved to visit Toronto Island, but this California girl was about to freeze to death every time we stepped outside. Also, it was raining. Next time I’m coming for ya, Toronto Island.
Have you been to Toronto? What would you recommend doing?