Whether you are looking for a romantic and wine filled weekend away, or an adventurous trip including walks, beaches, and sightseeing, there are things to do in Waiheke for everyone! A short 35 minute Fullers ferry ride away from Auckland will take you to paradise. We fell in love with Waiheke Island and are already looking forward to going back! Here is our guide of the best things to do in Waiheke!
- Enjoi Wine Tour- A trip to Waiheke isn’t complete without it! We were picked up directly from the Fullers ferry terminal and driven around to 4 different wineries throughout the day! Each winery was gorgeous and included wine and food tastings. We all had so much fun. The Enjoi wine tour is the most relaxing and perfect way to spend a day on the island!
- Mudbrick Vineyard- Our tour did not include going to Mudbrick, but we made sure to head there after for more food and wine! The view from Mudbrick was my favorite on the whole island! We spent the afternoon relaxing on the couches outside with a view of Auckland, drinking a bottle of wine, and enjoying some delicious snacks. It was a very romantic setting and was the highlight of my weekend!
- Breakfast with a view at Wai Kitchen- I found this place on Instagram months before our trip and I knew I had to visit! We had the most delicious pancakes with a gorgeous view. The best way to start any morning!
- Walks- There are so many fun walks along the coast in Waiheke! It was amazing to go from a bush walk to a stunning coastal view in seconds. We did the walk starting in Oneroa on the Blackpool walkway, but I would love to have done other walks as well! Check out all of the walks you can do on Waiheke here.
- Beaches- Beautiful beaches in all directions… well, because it’s an island. But really they are something to look at! Palm Beach and Onetangi Beach are supposed to be some of the best! But we just stayed near the main city at Oneroa Bay and Little Oneroa Beach!
- Island Gelato- I love me some dessert, especially on a nice warm day after a walk! We loved Island Gelato for all of their delicious and unique flavors!
- Hekerua Lodge- A fun, budget accommodation that immediately made us feel like family! We were introduced to so many other travelers, given sightseeing tips, and made very welcome! They even have a pool and hot tub overlooking the gorgeous bush. The perfect place to stay to meet travelers and experience Waiheke on a budget!
Those were our favorite things to do in Waiheke! It was a romantic, but adventurous weekend. I hope this will guide you on your trip!
Wine and Dine, Pin and Win